Weight loss diet in 15 days (includes sample menu)
In the diet to lose weight in 15 days it is necessary to carry out a balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables and whole foods rich in fiber, avoiding the consumption of industrialized foods, fried foods, ready-to-eat frozen foods, sausages, fast foods, among others.
In 15 days it is possible to lose between 1Kg to 5 Kg, this weight loss will depend on the metabolism of the person, if you make the diet properly and if you accompany it with the practice of physical activity. The type of exercise to be performed should be aerobic to help the body use more energy and burn accumulated fat, these exercises are jogging, running, swimming, walking, buzzing, among others.
What can you eat
The foods allowed in this diet are fruits and vegetables generally, preferably raw, since the fiber intake will be greater, increasing the feeling of satiety and improving intestinal transit. You should also prefer whole foods such as oatmeal, quinoa, rice and whole wheat bread; eggs, beans, granola, and sweet potato; seeds such as flaxseed, sunflower, chia, squash, watermelon and; milk and skimmed derivatives, in the case of cheeses they must be white.
Other foods that can speed up metabolism and in turn favor weight loss are thermogenic foods such as cinnamon, ginger, red pepper, coffee, green tea and apple cider vinegar. Learn more about these foods .
Some tips that should be taken into account when preparing the nutritional plan of the day are:
- Perform between 5 to 6 meals a day, 3 main meals and 2 to 3 snacks between meals, trying to eat food every 3 hours;
- Consume 3 to 4 fruits a day, preferring fruits with peel and bagasse;
- Half of the plate should be occupied by vegetables, both at lunch and dinner, and should consume at least 2 servings a day;
- A single source of carbohydrates should be chosen from the food, avoiding placing more than one on the plate;
- Choose between beans, corn, peas, chickpeas, soy and lentils as a source of vegetable protein and place just 2 tablespoons on the plate;
- Remove all the fat from the meats before consuming it, including the skin of fish, turkey and chicken, and reduce the consumption of red meat to 2 times per week.
It is possible to include a detox juice in a snack, preferably having to be prepared with vegetables, because these are rich in fibers. See some recipes to prepare Detox Juices for weight loss .
Foods to avoid
The foods that should be avoided are those rich in salt, sugar, white wheat flour and fats, such as:
- Sugar: sugar, sweets, desserts, cakes, chocolate;
- Salt: salt, soy sauce, English sauce, meat and vegetable broth cubes, meat tenderizer, envelope soups;
- White wheat flour: breads, cakes, tartlets, white béchamel sauces, breaded;
- Fats: fried foods, red meat, bacon, sausage, salami, mortadella, ham, red meat rich in fat, whole milk and yellow cheeses such as cheddar;
- Industrialized products: stuffed cookies, goodies or snacks, frozen ready food, pizza, lasagna, soft drinks and pasteurized juices.
To replace salt in the preparation of food, herbs and natural condiments such as onion, garlic, rosemary, parsley, thyme, basil and oregano can be used, as they give more flavor to meals and do not cause fluid retention in the body.
Diuretic teas to deflate the abdomen
In addition to food, you should invest in the consumption of diuretic teas and increase metabolism such as green tea, matcha tea, hibiscus tea (jamaica flower) and pineapple ginger tea. To have the desired effect you should drink 3 to 4 cups a day, without adding sugar.
It is also important to drink at least 1.5 L of fluids a day, preferably between diuretic teas and water, to combat fluid retention and improve bowel function. See what are teas with diuretic properties.
Sample menu to lose weight in 15 days
The table below shows an example menu of 3 days of the diet to lose weight 5 kg in 2 weeks. After these 3 days you can make your own menu, always remembering the advice indicated above.
|Foods||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Breakfast||1 glass of skim milk + 1 slice of whole wheat bread with 1 slice of white cheese + 1 slice of turkey breast||1 low-fat yogurt + 1/4 cup oatmeal + 1 tablespoon chia seeds + 1/2 chopped banana||Skim milk coffee without sugar + 1 medium oatmeal pancake + 1 slice of white cheese|
|Morning snack||1 slice of papaya with 1 tablespoon of oat flakes||1 glass of green detox juice||1 slice of watermelon + 10 units of peanuts|
|Lunch dinner||1 grilled fish wheel + 3 tablespoons brown rice + 2 tablespoons beans + broccoli salad with carrots + 1 tsp olive oil||1 chicken fillet in natural tomato sauce + 3 tablespoons whole wheat pasta + Raw salad with 1 tablespoon corn + 1 teaspoon olive oil||1 turkey breast fillet + 4 tablespoons quinoa + 1 cup cooked vegetables + 1 teaspoon olive oil|
|Afternoon snack||1 apple + 2 toast with ricotta||Papaya smoothie + 1 tablespoon of flaxseed||1 low-fat yogurt + 6 nuts|
The amounts included in the menu vary according to age, sex, physical activity and if you have an associated disease or not, so it is ideal to go to a nutritionist to perform a complete evaluation and calculate the most appropriate nutritional plan according to your needs.
See the video below for other tips to define the abdomen: